Carbondale Public Library appreciates the donation of used books, audiotapes, etc. The following guidelines, however, have been established :
- Donations become the property of the library.
- Donations will be evaluated for addition to the collection and are subject to the same criteria as all other materials.
- Donations which are not added to the collection will be kept for the Friends of Carbondale Public Library book sales, passed on to other libraries, or discarded if necessary.
- Receipts are available for tax purposes; however, the library staff can not determine the fair market value of donated materials. That is the responsibility of the donor.
The following items are not accepted as donations (and don't even sell in book sales):
- Magazines and professional journals*
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Out-dated information
- Items which are mildewed, musty, insect-infested or generally in poor condition
*There are some magazines which the library will accept, but please check with library staff before donating magazines.
Due to a lack of storage space we cannot accept large numbers of items year round. Please call the library (457-0354) before bringing donations of more than 25 items.
Popular reading paperbacks are welcome at any time.
Please refer to the library's policy on Gifts to the Library for further details.