Upcoming Board Meeting Agenda
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees
Library Meeting Room, 405 West Main St.
Wednesday, April 11, 2014
Call to order.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes.
1. Approval of the March 12, 2014 minutes.
Correspondence and communications.
1. Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due April 16, 2014 to May 15, 2014.
2. Appointment of Trustee(s) to serve on the Finance Committee.
3. Set Finance Committee meeting near end of April.
4. Authorize the finance committee to approve all bills to be paid by the last day of the fiscal year, not to exceed budgetary authority.
5. Acceptance of the financial report for March 2014.
1. Building and grounds maintenance and construction.
2. Staff Day.
3. Library marketing and community outreach.
1. Closed Executive Session: The Board is requested to pass a motion to hold a closed meeting to discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)). At the conclusion of the closed meeting, the Board is requested to pass a motion to return to open session. In the event that any other action is to be taken as a result of the discussions held in the closed meeting, final action will be taken only in open session and will be preceded by a public recital of the nature of the matter being considered and other information that will inform the public of the business being conducted.
Next Board Meetings for 2014 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m.): May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13, September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10